The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and Latin America into the socioeconomic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
CIANA is seeking an Administrative/Program Assistant Intern for our Program &Administrative Manager to manage her schedule and the daily operations in the office 3-5 days per week. This is a great opportunity for a college student to gain hands-on experience in the workforce, or for retirees to make a meaningful contribution to a neighborhood organization.
- Welcome guests to the office and direct them to the appropriate staff member
- Schedule meetings and help maintain our Manager’s calendars
- Conduct general intakes with clients and provide them with information for the service requested (ESL, civics, legal, etc)
- Answer the main phone line, respond to inquiries, and take messages when necessary
- Answer the door
- Return calls to clients when needed
- Maintain inventory of office supplies biweekly
- Enter new clients’ info into our database and Google Platforms
- Maintain copies of documents (intake forms,flyers, assessments, etc)
- Keep common areas presentable for visitors
- Stock copy machine with paper and trouble shooting as needed
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exhibits professional and courteous demeanor and phone etiquette
- Respectful and sensitive to other cultures
- Experience using Google Platforms is strongly preferred
- Fluency in another language (especially Arabic, Spanish, and Bengali) is a big plus!
Job Type: Part-time
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.